As the Catholic educating community at Bishop Garriga Middle Preparatory School, our mission is to form the whole child by integrating Gospel values into daily life affecting spiritual, academic, social, psychological, and physical growth.
Goal: Recognizing that each child is unique; the school seeks to provide conditions by which each child’s individual needs are met whereby he can fulfill his maximum potential.
To achieve this goal, the school sets forth the following objectives:
- To teach religion as a way of life by developing a knowledge and understanding of the Catholic faith and a personal relationship with God as evidenced by attitude and practice.
- To use Jesus as our model teacher/student in facilitating a Christian wholeness in each person and Christian unity among all.
- To provide a curriculum that challenges each student to develop his/her intellectual talents and unique qualities.
- To develop school spirit, civic pride, good sportsmanship and leadership qualities through co-curriculum programs.
- To provide an understanding of the importance of physical and mental health in one’s life by developing healthy attitudes regarding human sexuality, nutrition, and chemical substances, as well as the development of health maintenance skills.
- To promote creativity and aesthetic values through music, literature, and art.
- To use state-of-the-art technology to understand and appreciate cultural diversity within the local, national, and global community.
- To reinforce family values by encouraging inner-discipline, respect, and responsible choices while promoting the dignity of all.